Adsense

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Rise Above Your Fears

Rise above fear - this line it self motivates you to rise above your fear. Really this thing happens to me also and I am sure with many of you. Here let me share a small story with you all. It’s my own story.

Before 3 years I and my family (I, my husband, little daughter 4 years old at that time, mother-in-law and father-in-law) had gone for Char-Dham Yatra (Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamnotri). What a beautiful place, mountains, rivers, snow, trees, etc... Can’t describe in words its like a heaven. While we were returning we came to "Rishikesh". Rishikesh is very famous for its adventurous activities. At Rishikesh you can do river rafting, mountain climbing, bungi jumping, etc.... and many more. My husband Amit really likes adventure sports; he loves to do these activities. But I was very scared at that time.

Then we had decided to go for River Rafting. Amit was very excited as he always. But I was scared I have a fear of Height and Water, so initial I refused to go for it. Amit forced me to come but I said "no". In River Rafting there is a age limit for children and old people. My little daughter and father-in-law were not fall in the age category for river rafting, but both of them were very excited and really wanted to go for it. This is the first which inspire me to "rise above my fear" if a little 4 years old girl and a person above 60 years can do River rafting then I should feel shame on myself. After that I got ready for it wear my lifejacket and ready to go. Then we all moved to our 18KM ride for river rafting. The flow of river was very fast lots of ups and downs. Initially it was scary but soon I start enjoying myself. Here I rise above fear my first fear of Water.

Now come to my second fear of Height. On our 18KM ride of river rafting we had taken a small break at one spot. Here everybody getting out of boat and relaxing and having snakes, tea, cold drinks etc... At that spot there was a one point (place) above 25-30 ft above the river water. Many people go there and jumped into the river. I was just sitting there having snakes and looking towards them. Then suddenly saw Amit at that point he shouted and said "hey look at me" and jumped into the river. Then he came to me in a very filmy and funny way, he gave me a Mountain Dew and said "Dar ke aage jeet hai". He motivate me to jump from 25-30 ft height into river to overcome my fear of height, he explain me the safety precaution and what fun he was having while jumping. After that I also drank that Mountain Dew in filmy way and said yes yes yes "Darr ke aage jeet hai". Finally I tooked a risk and overcome my fear.

And finally I went to that height and jumped into the river. Really what an amazing feeling it was. Feeling like top of the world.

Really "A little effort can help anyone to rise above their fear”.

This post is a part of Happy Hours activity by Indiblogger in connection with "Rise above fear”.


No comments:

Post a Comment